Monday, April 27, 2009

Frankie Manning

I'm really having trouble working today. I just keep watching videos of Frankie and can't concentrate. If you didn't hear, Frankie passed away today.

--------------
Frankie Manning: May 26, 1914 - April 27, 2009

It is with great regret that we inform you that legendary lindy hopper and inspiration to tens of thousands of dancers around the world Mr. Frankie Manning passed away peacefully early this morning.

More information about memorials and an official announcement as we hear it.

Sincerely,

Frankie Team
--------------

He was one of the most influential people in Lindy Hop. Ever. And I'm very very fortunately to say that I have taken classes from him and heard him speak about his experiences.

It's heartbreaking.

Here is more info on Frankie: his book | bio | bio 2



1 comment:

Mike said...

I share your sentiments Scott. Getting back to normal is proving quite difficult. Thanks for posting those videos, hadn't seen those two before.

Frankie Manning's contribution to the world of Lindy Hop is astounding. My life would surely be very different without his influence. My thoughts and prayers go out to his son Chazz and the rest of his family.